Friday, August 25, 2017

Meeting Minutes - August 25th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Eris, Kaz, Donna, Mac, Z
Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
No new updates; everything is holding steady.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy - in absentia)
Last night was our fundraising event with Tex, which went off without a hitch. If you missed it, check with other attendants for notes.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean - in absentia)
We still haven't received word back about adopting a classroom at Webster, but are looking into further contact.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be September 10th at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery on October 12th. The topic is, "Sounding the Gong: How to Craft an Ending That Reverbrates." Attendance will cost $14, payable through the website.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:11 Memories Under Water, Ch. 1 by Z
7:48 Codename: Python, Ch. 5-7 by Gio
8:12 Shadow of the Dragon, Ch. 6-8 by Donna
8:49 Queen's Rogues, Issue 1 by Eris

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:42 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, August 18, 2017

Meeting Minutes - August 18th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Eris, Mac, Kaz, Donna, Katy, Z
Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
All of the upcoming events have been paid for and have information available on Trello.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z - in absentia, Katy)
Everything is proceeding as planned for the August 24th event; if you could please help us promote it, it would be appreciated.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
We still haven't received word back about adopting a classroom at Webster, but are looking into further contact.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be September 10th at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery in October, topic to be announced.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.
Adrean has received confirmation that she will be doing two session at OWFI: one on horror, one on fanfiction. Jack will be holding sessions on how to create a website for beginners, and psychopathology in fiction.


New Business:
Donna was added to the Nevermore Board as a member ex-officio.


Pieces for Discussion
7:19 Shadow of the Dragon, Ch. 4-5 by Donna

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:12 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, August 11, 2017

Meeting Minutes - August 11th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Eris, Mac, Kaz
Called to order 6:59 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
CJ will begin advertising for the August 24th event on the OWFI and OWFI Famous Authors pages. He has not yet, but he definitely will.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy - in absentia)
Everything is proceeding as planned for the August 24th event; if you could please help us promote it, it would be appreciated.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
We still haven't received word back about adopting a classroom at Webster, but are looking into further contact.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be September 10th at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery in October, topic to be announced.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.


2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Tulsa Flea Market - August 12th (8 am to 4 pm)
JayCee and Mac will open, Shannon will show up around 10:30, and Jack will show up around 12:30.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:09 The Once and Future Orson Welles, Ch. 3 by Mac
7:43 Lots of Luck by Shannon
8:16 Copper and Cobalt, Ch. 4 by JayCee

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:43 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, August 4, 2017

Meeting Minutes - August 4th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Eris, Mac, Kaz
Called to order 7:02 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
CJ will begin advertising for the August 24th event on the OWFI and OWFI Famous Authors pages.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
Starting next week, if you arrive after 6:30, it would be appreciated if you could park in the back.
JayCee is making progress on the event stand, and will continue to update us as it comes together.
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy - in absentia)
Everything is proceeding as planned for the August 24th event; if you could please help us promote it, it would be appreciated.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
We still haven't received word back about adopting a classroom at Webster, but are looking into further contact.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The Bess Cozby OWFI Slack chat was last night, and it went very well! She had a lot of insights about story structure, critique, and other such! The transcript is already available on the website, available to any OWFI members. It can be found here.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery in October, topic to be announced.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.


2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Tulsa Flea Market - August 12th (8 am to 4 pm)
JayCee can help set us up, and Mac will help with the morning shift; Shannon will help out with the afternoon shift. We'll need to bring our own table to avoid having to rent one. Make sure to bring books and other such supplies to next week's meeting.


New Business:

1. Shannon - Officer Elections
Officer elections will be September 29th. Be thinking about who you would like to nominate or what position you would be willing to serve!


Pieces for Discussion
7:18 The Once and Future Orson Welles, Ch. 2 by Mac

Clean Up/Adjournment 7:56 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ