Friday, July 14, 2017

Meeting Minutes - July 14th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Z, Kaz, Katy, Donna
Called to order 6:59 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy)
Z has been in contact with Tex as to hosting a workshop fundraiser on August 24th. She is indifferent as to location and size, but has a long list of topics she's used to covering. We're thinking on collecting donations rather than charging a registration or admission fee. Z is going to set up a poll to select the topic, and Z and Katy are going to research venues.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Jack has finished this quarter's newsletter, and we're just awaiting printing and sending out.
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Adrean has done research on school supply drives. We're looking into donating to upper grades, looking into drop-off sites, potentially combining it with online methods, and deciding between a school drive or a classroom adoption. Katy is going to look into the situations at the schools she's familiar with and report back with information.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Registration for the first virtual workshop on August 3rd in the OWFI Slack is open on their website. It's about the revision process with Bess Cozby (of Tor Publishing).

2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Convention Banner
JayCee has brought blown-up images of the covers as a proof of concept for the stand that was discussed on June 30th. Each of the covers are laminated 8.5"x11" sheets and could be hung on the stand.

b. WWOKC Update
We're still getting more people from Texas to join our table bid! Looking into getting a corner spot, which would be more expensive, but more space and a better spot.

c. Enid Pride - September 16th (Shannon)
We've been invited to get a table. From 12 to 6. Tables are either $20 for nonprofit or $35 for profit. It's the same day and time as SoCon in Bixby, but we should be able to do both. Shannon will contact Cynthia of the Enid Writers and help get us set up!


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:51 Memories Underwater, Ch. 1 by Z
8:41 Shadow of the Dragon, Ch. 1-2 by Donna

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:21 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment