Friday, June 16, 2017

Meeting Minutes - June 16th, 2017

Attending: CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Z, Haleigh, Eris, Kaz
Called to order 7:00 pm

Reintroductions for Haleigh!

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Registration for the first virtual workshop on the OWFI Slack is open on their website. It's about the revision process with Bess Cozby (of Tor Publishing).


2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th - 12 pm to 8 pm
Mac and Jack will be there by 11:30; JayCee is going to send the tent and chairs. CJ will be there (hopefully) around 4; JayCee will come as available, depending on an event at Mammoth. MAKE SURE TO BRING WATER.

c. SoonerCon - June 23rd-25th
This is next weekend! The current schedule is as follows:
Friday: JayCee (Malea in the afternoon)
Saturday: JayCee, Mac, and Shannon (with Malea potentially filling in if necessary)
Sunday: JayCee, CJ, Malea
If possible, have books to JayCee by Wednesday!


New Business:
No new updates.


Pieces for Discussion
7:20 The Perfect Storm by Haleigh
7:55 Stormborn 2, Chapter 3 by Jack

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:31 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, June 9, 2017

Meeting Minutes - June 9th, 2017

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Z, Donna, Malea
Called to order 6:48 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
CJ has agreed to chair the Communications Committee. Currently, no new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy)
Z will speak to Katy about co-chairing the committee. Otherwise, no new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Adrean and Shannon have discussed arranging a school supply drive for a local school, preferably one that serves at-risk youth. We're going to look into a street school first. Malea has suggested the Dual Language Academy in Tulsa as well. If anyone has any ideas for where we can put donation boxes, let us know!
gishwhes! It's an international scavenger hunt put on by Misha Collins that is both useful to the community and fun for the individuals, and works with Random Acts; it's 15 people to a team and roughly $20 per person.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Bess Cozby will be coming to the OWFI Slack chat in August; if you haven't joined the channel yet, you should!
The OWFI Report prompt will be coming back soon, so if you're looking to write short fiction to be put into the newsletter, keep an eye out!


2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th - 12 pm to 8 pm
JayCee will be unable to work this event, and Shannon has a table for Inkubus; Mac and Jack will probably work the early shift, and CJ (and potentially Z?) can help in the latter shift.

c. SoonerCon - June 23rd-25th
We need to work out who will be working each day. Mac has offered his schedule, but we're still waiting on more. CJ, Jack, Adrean, Malea, and Shannon are willing to offer their time as well.

d. Tulsa Flea Market - After-action Report
We made money, and are looking into doing it again, but we're not sure as to when.

e. Wizard World - Oklahoma City - October 27th-29th
We're looking into it!


3. Mac: Submission Guidelines
Mac has another ambitious project that is pushing the constraints of our submission guidelines, so we have agreed that the new guidelines will be: roughly 20 pages, or, for any project that has challenging formatting, no more than 5500 words.


4. Shannon: Enid Writer's Club
The event starts at 3 o'clock at the Enid library. We still don't know what the questions are, but that's not really a problem.


New Business:
1. Adrean:
a. Temenos
Temenos is a plot of land separated for a king, a priest, or other specific use; it's also a concept taught among the actors at the Rennaissance Fair that, essentially, means what happens in character stays in character. That applies to our group as well; the things that happen in this meeting - critiques, jokes, etc. - are a part of this meeting, and if you have an issue with any of this, please feel free to reach out to someone: an officer, a friend, anybody at all. Please, please please don't bring anything toxic to this group if you can avoid it.

b. New Member Initiation
We had many discussions on various ways to vet new members, but have decided on this: if you have not read a piece, you cannot take part in the critique of the piece. This new rule would apply to both members and non-members alike.

c. Voting on Necessary Things
A vote of the board has agreed to remove Samantha from the board of Nevermore Edits.


Pieces for Discussion
8:04 Greymane, Book III, Ch. 1-2 by Gio
8:31 Pink Wings by JayCee
9:15 Codename: Python, Ch. 2-3 by Gio

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:41 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, June 2, 2017

Meeting Minutes - June 2nd, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Victoria, Kaz, Z, Donna, Samantha, Shelley

Called to order 7:00 pm

Introductions for Donna and Shelley!

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Samantha, Z, Katy)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!


2. JayCee (in absentia):
a. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
JayCee and Mac will be working the first shift; Shannon and Jack will be covering the second shift. (Adrean may appear

b. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th
JayCee will be unable to work this event, but has been told that they're looking for more vendors. Tables are $15, if anyone is interested.

c. SoonerCon - June 23rd-25th
We need to work out who will be working each day. JayCee is going to put up a volunteer schedule about it on Trello and let us know when it's open.


3. Shannon: Murder Apocalypse 2 and Enid Writer's Club
Shannon needs author bios and pieces for MA2, due tonight!
The Enid Writer's Club event is on June 10th. We have already submitted our list of attending authors and are awaiting a list of questions.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:21 Copper and Cobalt, Ch. 4 by JayCee
8:06 Baldrick Greymane, Book II by Gio
8:45 Stormborn 2, Ch. 2 by Jack
9:39 Immortal Road, Ch. 1-4ish by CJ

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:23 pm

Until next time, friends.
~CJ