Friday, May 26, 2017

Meeting Minutes - May 26th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Z, Victoria, Samantha, Katy, Kaz

Called to order 7:00 pm

Introductions for Victoria!

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
OWFI's Slack channel has launched, and will be used to host virtual workshops. We're going to look into getting an affiliate channel to invite members.
Sam is working on our compilation of OWFI 2017 albums and awards.
Kaz is going to attend OWFI 2018 and has volunteered to be the Nevermore photographer.

2. JayCee (in absentia):
a. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
Our table is secured; we need to determine who can work in shifts. JayCee can work mornings, Mac can work any shift but would prefer morning. Shannon and Jack will likely pick up the afternoon shift, with support by Adrean.

b. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
Have a schedule of availability before next week's meeting if you're able to help! We have three tickets, but may not need three people at all times.


3. Shannon: Murder Apocalypse 2 and Enid Writer's Club
Submissions for MA2 and author bios are due June 2nd! The deadline for the EWC bio is May 31st.


New Business:
1. Adrean: Summer Reading Program
There are concerns within the library that funding may be cut because of reduced usage. There's an adult's version of the summer reading program that requires you to read four books (not even necessarily from the library). If you are interested, please sign up at either the Hardesty or Skiatook libraries, as they are the locations where some of our members work!


2. Fundraising Committee
Due to multiple commitments, Jack has been asked to be removed as co-chair of the fundraising committee. Katy and Z are interested in supporting Sam as the sole chair of the Fundraising Committee, effective immediately.


Pieces for Discussion
7:38 Stormborn 2, Ch. 1 by Jack
8:04 Codename: Python by Gio
8:19 Post Dramatic Stress, Ch. 1 by Adrean

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:57 pm

Until next time, my friends.
~CJ

Friday, May 19, 2017

Meeting Minutes - May 19th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Samantha, Malea, Z

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
Samantha has reached out to Mari Farthing and learned that the next OWFI Report will be in September; she will message people in October to gather information for it.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send any pieces for the next newsletter need to be sent to treasury@nvmedits.com by July 4th.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes!
OWFI is looking into doing dedicated chats with authors and other literati over Slack; more details will be made available as they are made known to us.
CJ is going to be in charge of registration, with help from Adrean; if you're interested in volunteering for next year, let him know!
If you want to be a speaker at OWFI 2018, there will be a meeting in roughly two weeks to decide who is going to be a speaker. Adrean has already submitted the Nevermore panel on critique groups (as well as two additional sessions). If you're interested in speaking next year, submit quickly (and let them know you're a member of Nevermore, to increase the odds of the panel working).


2. JayCee:
a. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
They are not accepting vendor applications until May 22nd.

b. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th
JayCee has paid for our table.

c. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
JayCee has paid for two extra tickets for the convention; the convention starts that Friday at 10 am.

d. Tulsa Oddities Expo - July 15th
They're hosting it at the American Legion Post 1 again, but they haven't chosen vendors yet.


3. Jack: Non-profit Paperwork
It is finished, but still needs to be submitted. All that's left is including the budget and the check; it will be submitted by May 26th.


4. Malea: Storefront
Redbubble, society6 and zazzle are all online storefronts where we can order or purchase items for fundraising purposes; looking at the three, it looks like Redbubble or society6 are more what we're looking into. Malea is going to forward the information she found to the chairs of the Fundraising Committee (Jack and Samantha).


5. Shannon: Murder Apocalypse 2 and Enid Writer's Club
If you want to submit to Murder Apocalypse 2, send Shannon your piece (and author bio) before June 2nd.
Enid Writers' Club (June 10th) has invited yet another person to their event. They have an event page set up for it on Facebook with more information; keep an eye on it. If you're going to attend, submit your author bios by May 31st.


New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:38 Ace in the Hole, pt. 2 by Gio
8:27 Getting Wet by Adrean
9:09 Reunion by Samantha

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:13 pm

Neither rain, nor rain, nor rain, nor rain will stop us. Until next time!
~CJ

Friday, May 12, 2017

Meeting Minutes - May 12th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Z, Samantha, Mac, Malea, Kaz

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
Jack has looked into shirts, but hasn't picked one yet.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com by July 6th!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Due to our basket winning the large group basket category, we have a free table reservation for (both?) banquets for OWFI 2018! Hooray!
Adrean wants us to submit panels for OWFI 2018; Shannon wants to hold one on writing erotica, Adrean wants to hold one on critique groups. Another suggestion is, "Stealing with Style: The Difference Between Homage and Plagiarism," and we could always fall back on our Nontraditional Characters. If you have any ideas
CJ has volunteered to be in charge of table centerpieces for OWFI 2018. He's conscripted JayCee for her experience and Malea for her craftiness. If you have an idea for a centerpiece for a book from within the group, let him know!
Our basket and costume themes for OWFI 2018 are: superheroes!


2. JayCee:
a. Tulsa Pride - June 3rd
We will probably not attend Pride as vendors this year, but you should definitely still go!

b. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
JayCee will look into tables for this. If it goes well, we can look into making it a regular event.

c. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th
$40 for a table (for three or more people). JayCee will go ahead and book a table, and will look into this event for more information and will report back to the group as soon as possible.

d. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
JayCee is going to pick up two extra three-day tickets to go with the one we have with the table.

e. Tulsa Oddities Expo - July 15th
They are holding applications right now and possibly looking for space; our application is in, and we're waiting to hear it.

f. SoCon - Bixby - September 15th
We haven't heard back on our panel submission yet.


3. Jack: Non-profit Paperwork
It has not been completed yet, but nearly is. It shall be done by next week's meeting.

New Business:
1. JayCee:
a. Princess Bride in the Park - May 26th
Several group members have expressed an interest in the Philbrook's showing of the Princess Bride, but it would be at the same time as the meeting. The meeting is, however, still going to be on.

2. Shannon:
a. Murder Apocalypse 2: Electric Boogaloo
We have finally given away all our first editions of Murder Apocalypse (our teaser book that contains excerpts and first chapters of our various works). We are now looking into creating a second edition with new pieces and blurbs to better represent the current group. If you want to have a piece included, send it (and a blurb) to Shannon before June 2nd.

b. Enid Writers Club - June 10th
Jennifer McMurrain will be joining us to do a panel; we will be presented us with a list of prepared questions, but there will probably be more as it goes on. If you wish to speak on the panel, send Shannon an author bio by 5 pm on May 31st. We have been requested to bring books (if we have them). Shannon will keep us posted as more information becomes available to him.

Pieces for Discussion
8:09 Copper and Cobalt, Chapter 3 by JayCee
8:34 Release by Shannon
9:21 Welcome to the Masquerade by Z
9:55 Ace in the Hole by Gio

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:24 pm

Good to be back into the swing of these! Until next week, friends!
~CJ