Friday, March 24, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 24th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Harvey, Anthony, Z, Mac, Kaz, Katy

(featuring special guest, Smudge!)

Called to order 7:04 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for future events.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
Shannon has an idea, but will wait until next week. No further updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
If anyone has things to submit to the next quarter's newsletter, they are due April 6th.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach event is April 5th at 3 pm. (Previous meeting notes asserted that it began on Wednesdays at 2 pm; it has been brought to my attention that was incorrect.)
The event on March 22nd went well, but if you wish to attend, be prepared to deal with some kids that can be standoffish.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
We currently have group rooms: Shannon, Adrean, CJ, and Jack have booked a room in the hotel the conference is in for Friday and Saturday; JayCee has booked a room at a Motel 6 a couple of minutes away from the hotel.


2. JayCee:
a. Love of Imaginary Worlds signing (April 15th)
This is still a thing in Oklahoma City. We owe JayCee for the registration, but will wait to see who can attend before we arrange payment and such.

b. Wonder City Word Fest
Poetry-based thing in Norman on April 15th.

c. SoonerCon
Shannon has emailed, but we still haven't heard back.

d. GlitchCon
It's in Springdale, AR on July 29th.


New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:20 Copper and Gold, Chapter 18.5 by JayCee
7:40 Anne Teaser Comic by Anthony
8:18 K.T. Teaser Comic by Anthony

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:40 pm

Winter has turned to spring at last. May stories blossom across your pages like dandelions.
~CJ

Friday, March 17, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 17th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Mac, Z, Anthony

Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee - Absent)
Committee chair is absent; no known updates.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Pieces need to be submitted before April 6th!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach event is March 22nd, at 2 pm; if you're attending, make sure to check in on the Trello board.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
We still have yet to sponsor a category for OWFI.
The OWFI Bookstore page is now up on the website; if you want to sell books at OWFI, you need to submit your books to them by April 3rd!
If you're going to OWFI, look into rooms (especially with other members)!
Basket Wars registration will likely be up very soon.

g. Contest Committee (Shannon)
We, unfortunately, will be killing the contest. Shannon and Jack will get on that (including refunding the authors' entrance fees and sending them their critiques).


New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:16 Falling Leaf by Shannon

Clean Up/Adjournment 7:52 pm

And so we part ways, until next week.
~CJ

Friday, March 10, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 10th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), Jack (Treasurer), CJ (Secretary), Harvey, JayCee, Samantha, Katy, Anthony

Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
JayCee has paid for the author's show in Norman on April 15th.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No updates. Committee members may look into fundraising nights at local restaurants.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
No new updates; reminder that anything that you want submitted to the newsletter is due April 6th. CJ has been nominated to as editor of the season; Shannon will write the article.
If your submission has not been published anywhere else, publication in the newsletter counts as first printing rights, so be careful!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach program is Wednesday, March 22nd, at 2 pm; if you can attend, let Adrean know. It will be posted on the Trello board.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
OWFI has half of its 34 categories sponsored, and there is no known cut-off date for the sponsorship; to be credited during the banquet, we should get it in by April 15th. A full sponsorship is $105, but they'll accept partial sponsorships of almost any amount.

g. Contest Committee (Shannon)
If we do not have enough entries for the contest to make by March 16th, we will have to kill the writing contest for this year, and refund the entrants' money (and send them critiques for their pieces).

2. JayCee: Upcoming Events and Book Needs
a. Collector Con
We are giving JayCee books for Collector Con tomorrow; the books will be sold at convention prices.

b. Sooner Con
We made contact with representatives from Sooner Con at Underground Monster Carnival, and have received two emails to contact them further with regards to our presence at Sooner Con.

3. Shannon: Budget (Quick update)
We will now have a box at each meeting to collect donations for the Nevermore budget.
Jack went over the budget proposition for 2017, including fundraising goals and expected expenses.
Adrean suggests that, moving forward, we donate a fair market value of our profits from events to Nevermore; we need to figure out what that value would be before April 15th. Samantha has agreed to research this for us.


New Business:
1. Shannon: Storytime
Shannon has revealed the origins of the agenda; no one has objections over its existence.


Pieces for Discussion
7:50 Shifters by Shannon

8:52 Knife, Chapter 1.1 by Anthony

9:30 Copper and Gold, Chapter 18 by JayCee

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:56 pm

Until next we meet.
~CJ

Friday, March 3, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 3rd, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Harvey, Z, Samantha, Kaz, Anthony

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Commitee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
Nevermore Edits was successfully added to the OWFI Newsletter Report.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
Prices from banners via Skyline (via JayCee): Static banner for $202 (including stand); interchangeable art banner is $400 before tax and shipping (including stand); price is comparable to ordering online.
Malea is still working on the banner graphics.
Adrean has suggested we can attempt to build our own banner/stand; Shannon has looked into cheaper alternatives at Vistaprint; Z has offered to make a banner.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Any pieces submitted for the newsletter need to be submitted before April 6th; the next newsletter will be out April 20th.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach Program is on March 7th; check Trello for details.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
Group costume theme for the Friday night banquet appears to be wizards (to match the theme of our basket).
Nevermore's sponsorship for the gift bag has been accepted. We still need to fundraise for a contest sponsorship; we are uncertain if there's a deadline on this or how many are needed.
We are looking into collecting donations for OWFI 2018, to be used for conference scholarships and award sponsorships.

g. Contest Committee (Shannon)
The contest ends on the 15th. We need to advertise it before it ends, and the judges need to be certain they're caught up on the submissions.

2. JayCee: Upcoming Events and Book Needs
a. Collector Con
Collector Con is next weekend! Bring books to Mammoth so they can be put on the table.

b. Sooner Con
We still have heard nothing back from their registration; we will attempt to find some representative of theirs at UMC.

3. Z: Lord Mistress of the Basket — Status of the basket items
We have 4 items thus far (not counting the actual basket). The theme, once again, is magic. Bring Z stuff for it!


New Business:
1. Harvey: Pride Bingo
The Equality Center hosts a Pride Bingo night once a month that helps support it and is apparently a lot of fun. The cost for a table (8 seats) is ~$200. Harvey will report information on it to the Outreach Committee.

2. Adrean: Underground Monster Carnival
It's tomorrow in OKC! Setup has to be done by 12:30, and the convention proper goes from 1 to 9. Check the Trello board for more details! It's a ton of fun, etc.


Pieces for Discussion
7:51 Copper and Gold, Chapter 17 by JayCee

8:21 Knife Prelude Concept by Anthony

8:50 In a Pitch Black Room by Adrean

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:18 pm

Until next time!
~CJ