Friday, February 24, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 24th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Harvey, Katy, Kaz, Lyz, Tony, Mac

Called to order 6:59 pm

Introductions were made for Tony.

Old Business:

The April 15th signing in Norman still needs to be decided. Cost is $60 for an 8' space, $70 for a 10' space. Seems like a thing we'll do; there isn't a hard cap on the number of people to attend, which helps. We are currently planning to attend it as a Nevermore event.

Books need to be given to JayCee before Collector Con (March 11th-12th) so they can be featured on the Mammoth Comics table.

Ordering books before Underground Monster Carnival (and other events) needs to happen.

According to our Treasurer, we should now be able to do a sponsorship for the OWFI bags.

Adrean has revisited the desire to create an OWFI Committee for the purpose of interacting with OWFI, so we can be sure that we use our opportunities to help via sponsorships, scholarships, etc.; that happened, and Shannon has agreed to chair it.

Bring stuff for the OWFI Basket; the Lord Mistress is feeling neglected!


New Business

Shannon and JayCee should be attending the OWFI meeting this Sunday as Nevermore delegates.

Jack needs an additional person to attend the YST Outreach event on March 7th. We may potentially shift the event to move to Wednesday every two weeks, to better suit our members' schedules and ensure better attendance on our parts.


7:27 Falling Leaf, Part 1 by Shannon

8:12 Welcome to the Masquerade by Lyz

9:25 Clean Up/Adjournment

Be strong, my friends, 'til next we meet.
~CJ

Friday, February 17, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 17th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), CJ (Secretary), Harvey, JayCee, Samantha, Katy, Malea, Mac, Lyz, Kaz

Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:

We need books from Murder for the Book Place (everything except for Broken Worlds), and are considering putting books in the Phoenix (though you should know that they can't guarantee the book's absolute safety there).

JayCee has secured us a spot to put our books in Collector Con (March 11th) at the Mammoth Comics table.

Potentially large book signing with local authors and musicians in Norman on Easter weekend (specifically at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds Auditorium Room). Payment deadline is March 24th, so we should decide before then.

We still have not heard back on Sooner Con!

Our Lord Mistress of the Basket, Lyz, has updated the Trello board with information about the basket. Check it out! And bring stuff. Seriously.


New Business:

Malea has an idea for an anthology: lost things. (Pretty cool, IMO.)

Brief discussion about Murder Apocalypse. We have 24 copies of the first version. A new volume could more adequately reflect the newer members of the group. Current plan is to do nothing.


7:15 Heat from the Pavement by Katy

7:42 Copper and Gold, Chapter 16 by JayCee

8:19 Collected Poems by Malea

8:37 Under Lock and Key by Samantha

8:48 To a Key by Samantha

8:58 Clean Up/Adjournment

Live well, friends.
~CJ

Friday, February 10, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 10th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Harvey, JayCee, Malea, Lyz

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:

JayCee has donated half of the cost of folding tables to be used for meetings at Mammoth and future events. Because she's awesome.

We won't have our own table at Collector Con on March 11th, but we should be able to have our books at the Mammoth Comics table.

We are still awaiting confirmation on whether or not we have a Sooner Con table. Could be a week or more before we know for certain.

Shannon suggests that the easiest way to look into acquiring a banner would be to meet with his contact in person.

Adrean has inquired as to whether or not it would be possible to move the YST Outreach program to a later time or another day. The first session seemed to be successful. More organization would be a good idea, and we should look into advertising around YST to increase participation.

Nevermore Edits is still planning to get our logo on the OWFI bags for the next conference, but we need $50; if you or anyone you know is into donating for a good cause, consider us!

If you haven't received a Trello invite, or would prefer it to be connected to a different email, let Adrean (or me) know! Feel free to play around and learn how it works; this won't help us be any more organized if we don't use it!

The Lord Mistress of the Basket, Lyz, wishes to remind us to kindly bring things for it.

Jack has updated us on the status of the 1023, in that it is still something to be done. Because tax forms are the worst.


7:24 Like You by Lyz

7:40 Dark Alley Decisions by Lyz

8:16 Til Death by Shannon

8:43 Clean Up/Adjournment

Rest well and dream deep, friends. Until next time.
~CJ

Friday, February 3, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 3rd, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Sam, JayCee, Katy, Malea, Kaz

Called to order 7:00 pm


Old Business:

Outreach Committee:
- First class is going to be at YST on Feb 7th at 3 pm. We already have our preferred minimum of two people attending, but more would always be welcome! Current lesson plan is to do a semi-cooperative exercise, with a plan to lead into teaching about writing autobiographical stories and grammar and mechanics as the program continues.
- Consider giving certain kids responsibilities if they return to multiple classes. Also consider prizes for continued attendance —writing kits or supplies?
- Discussion moved to extending this single program to other groups; current plan is to refine our program at YST and use our experiences there to apply it to new environments.
- Jack would also like to send books to the residents of Kingfisher County Jail over the month of February as part of our outreach. He's going to check if any genres or subject matters are off limits and then report back to us, and wants us to extend the offer to any author, publisher, or organization we're a part of.

JayCee has questions about conventions: Collector Con on March 11th (in Tulsa — hard maybe); SoonerCon on June 23rd-25th (in Midwest City — we are interested, and will go through the application process for both a table and a panel).

JayCee is still working hard on getting our books sold in places which is cool, to mixed results (and no fault of her own).


New Business:

Dark Arts Committee established and led by JayCee. Responsibilities of the committee is to research and report on the acquisition of banners and other material to look professional when we attend conventions. Malea will bring us a preliminary design.

Shannon would like to create a Fundraising Committee, because that is absolutely a thing that we need to do. The committee is under the purview of Jack and Sam as co-chairs.

Adrean would like to create a Communications Committee; Sam will chair it. It would be responsible for collecting information (including recent publications, fundraising opportunities, convention attendance, and committee reports) from the other committees and post them onto the Nevermore Edits website, as well as communicate with OWFI when they require Affiliate News.

Adrean clears up information about the pitch room setting of OWFI for those who haven't attended the conference in the past. And just information about OWFI in general.


9:02 Clean Up/Adjournment

Until next time, my friends.

~CJ