Friday, June 16, 2017

Meeting Minutes - June 16th, 2017

Attending: CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Z, Haleigh, Eris, Kaz
Called to order 7:00 pm

Reintroductions for Haleigh!

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Registration for the first virtual workshop on the OWFI Slack is open on their website. It's about the revision process with Bess Cozby (of Tor Publishing).


2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th - 12 pm to 8 pm
Mac and Jack will be there by 11:30; JayCee is going to send the tent and chairs. CJ will be there (hopefully) around 4; JayCee will come as available, depending on an event at Mammoth. MAKE SURE TO BRING WATER.

c. SoonerCon - June 23rd-25th
This is next weekend! The current schedule is as follows:
Friday: JayCee (Malea in the afternoon)
Saturday: JayCee, Mac, and Shannon (with Malea potentially filling in if necessary)
Sunday: JayCee, CJ, Malea
If possible, have books to JayCee by Wednesday!


New Business:
No new updates.


Pieces for Discussion
7:20 The Perfect Storm by Haleigh
7:55 Stormborn 2, Chapter 3 by Jack

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:31 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, June 9, 2017

Meeting Minutes - June 9th, 2017

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Z, Donna, Malea
Called to order 6:48 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
CJ has agreed to chair the Communications Committee. Currently, no new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy)
Z will speak to Katy about co-chairing the committee. Otherwise, no new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Adrean and Shannon have discussed arranging a school supply drive for a local school, preferably one that serves at-risk youth. We're going to look into a street school first. Malea has suggested the Dual Language Academy in Tulsa as well. If anyone has any ideas for where we can put donation boxes, let us know!
gishwhes! It's an international scavenger hunt put on by Misha Collins that is both useful to the community and fun for the individuals, and works with Random Acts; it's 15 people to a team and roughly $20 per person.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Bess Cozby will be coming to the OWFI Slack chat in August; if you haven't joined the channel yet, you should!
The OWFI Report prompt will be coming back soon, so if you're looking to write short fiction to be put into the newsletter, keep an eye out!


2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th - 12 pm to 8 pm
JayCee will be unable to work this event, and Shannon has a table for Inkubus; Mac and Jack will probably work the early shift, and CJ (and potentially Z?) can help in the latter shift.

c. SoonerCon - June 23rd-25th
We need to work out who will be working each day. Mac has offered his schedule, but we're still waiting on more. CJ, Jack, Adrean, Malea, and Shannon are willing to offer their time as well.

d. Tulsa Flea Market - After-action Report
We made money, and are looking into doing it again, but we're not sure as to when.

e. Wizard World - Oklahoma City - October 27th-29th
We're looking into it!


3. Mac: Submission Guidelines
Mac has another ambitious project that is pushing the constraints of our submission guidelines, so we have agreed that the new guidelines will be: roughly 20 pages, or, for any project that has challenging formatting, no more than 5500 words.


4. Shannon: Enid Writer's Club
The event starts at 3 o'clock at the Enid library. We still don't know what the questions are, but that's not really a problem.


New Business:
1. Adrean:
a. Temenos
Temenos is a plot of land separated for a king, a priest, or other specific use; it's also a concept taught among the actors at the Rennaissance Fair that, essentially, means what happens in character stays in character. That applies to our group as well; the things that happen in this meeting - critiques, jokes, etc. - are a part of this meeting, and if you have an issue with any of this, please feel free to reach out to someone: an officer, a friend, anybody at all. Please, please please don't bring anything toxic to this group if you can avoid it.

b. New Member Initiation
We had many discussions on various ways to vet new members, but have decided on this: if you have not read a piece, you cannot take part in the critique of the piece. This new rule would apply to both members and non-members alike.

c. Voting on Necessary Things
A vote of the board has agreed to remove Samantha from the board of Nevermore Edits.


Pieces for Discussion
8:04 Greymane, Book III, Ch. 1-2 by Gio
8:31 Pink Wings by JayCee
9:15 Codename: Python, Ch. 2-3 by Gio

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:41 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, June 2, 2017

Meeting Minutes - June 2nd, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Victoria, Kaz, Z, Donna, Samantha, Shelley

Called to order 7:00 pm

Introductions for Donna and Shelley!

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Samantha, Z, Katy)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!


2. JayCee (in absentia):
a. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
JayCee and Mac will be working the first shift; Shannon and Jack will be covering the second shift. (Adrean may appear

b. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th
JayCee will be unable to work this event, but has been told that they're looking for more vendors. Tables are $15, if anyone is interested.

c. SoonerCon - June 23rd-25th
We need to work out who will be working each day. JayCee is going to put up a volunteer schedule about it on Trello and let us know when it's open.


3. Shannon: Murder Apocalypse 2 and Enid Writer's Club
Shannon needs author bios and pieces for MA2, due tonight!
The Enid Writer's Club event is on June 10th. We have already submitted our list of attending authors and are awaiting a list of questions.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:21 Copper and Cobalt, Ch. 4 by JayCee
8:06 Baldrick Greymane, Book II by Gio
8:45 Stormborn 2, Ch. 2 by Jack
9:39 Immortal Road, Ch. 1-4ish by CJ

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:23 pm

Until next time, friends.
~CJ

Friday, May 26, 2017

Meeting Minutes - May 26th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Z, Victoria, Samantha, Katy, Kaz

Called to order 7:00 pm

Introductions for Victoria!

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send pieces for the next quarter's newsletter by July 6th to treasury@nvmedits.com!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
OWFI's Slack channel has launched, and will be used to host virtual workshops. We're going to look into getting an affiliate channel to invite members.
Sam is working on our compilation of OWFI 2017 albums and awards.
Kaz is going to attend OWFI 2018 and has volunteered to be the Nevermore photographer.

2. JayCee (in absentia):
a. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
Our table is secured; we need to determine who can work in shifts. JayCee can work mornings, Mac can work any shift but would prefer morning. Shannon and Jack will likely pick up the afternoon shift, with support by Adrean.

b. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
Have a schedule of availability before next week's meeting if you're able to help! We have three tickets, but may not need three people at all times.


3. Shannon: Murder Apocalypse 2 and Enid Writer's Club
Submissions for MA2 and author bios are due June 2nd! The deadline for the EWC bio is May 31st.


New Business:
1. Adrean: Summer Reading Program
There are concerns within the library that funding may be cut because of reduced usage. There's an adult's version of the summer reading program that requires you to read four books (not even necessarily from the library). If you are interested, please sign up at either the Hardesty or Skiatook libraries, as they are the locations where some of our members work!


2. Fundraising Committee
Due to multiple commitments, Jack has been asked to be removed as co-chair of the fundraising committee. Katy and Z are interested in supporting Sam as the sole chair of the Fundraising Committee, effective immediately.


Pieces for Discussion
7:38 Stormborn 2, Ch. 1 by Jack
8:04 Codename: Python by Gio
8:19 Post Dramatic Stress, Ch. 1 by Adrean

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:57 pm

Until next time, my friends.
~CJ

Friday, May 19, 2017

Meeting Minutes - May 19th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Samantha, Malea, Z

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
Samantha has reached out to Mari Farthing and learned that the next OWFI Report will be in September; she will message people in October to gather information for it.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send any pieces for the next newsletter need to be sent to treasury@nvmedits.com by July 4th.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes!
OWFI is looking into doing dedicated chats with authors and other literati over Slack; more details will be made available as they are made known to us.
CJ is going to be in charge of registration, with help from Adrean; if you're interested in volunteering for next year, let him know!
If you want to be a speaker at OWFI 2018, there will be a meeting in roughly two weeks to decide who is going to be a speaker. Adrean has already submitted the Nevermore panel on critique groups (as well as two additional sessions). If you're interested in speaking next year, submit quickly (and let them know you're a member of Nevermore, to increase the odds of the panel working).


2. JayCee:
a. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
They are not accepting vendor applications until May 22nd.

b. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th
JayCee has paid for our table.

c. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
JayCee has paid for two extra tickets for the convention; the convention starts that Friday at 10 am.

d. Tulsa Oddities Expo - July 15th
They're hosting it at the American Legion Post 1 again, but they haven't chosen vendors yet.


3. Jack: Non-profit Paperwork
It is finished, but still needs to be submitted. All that's left is including the budget and the check; it will be submitted by May 26th.


4. Malea: Storefront
Redbubble, society6 and zazzle are all online storefronts where we can order or purchase items for fundraising purposes; looking at the three, it looks like Redbubble or society6 are more what we're looking into. Malea is going to forward the information she found to the chairs of the Fundraising Committee (Jack and Samantha).


5. Shannon: Murder Apocalypse 2 and Enid Writer's Club
If you want to submit to Murder Apocalypse 2, send Shannon your piece (and author bio) before June 2nd.
Enid Writers' Club (June 10th) has invited yet another person to their event. They have an event page set up for it on Facebook with more information; keep an eye on it. If you're going to attend, submit your author bios by May 31st.


New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:38 Ace in the Hole, pt. 2 by Gio
8:27 Getting Wet by Adrean
9:09 Reunion by Samantha

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:13 pm

Neither rain, nor rain, nor rain, nor rain will stop us. Until next time!
~CJ

Friday, May 12, 2017

Meeting Minutes - May 12th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Z, Samantha, Mac, Malea, Kaz

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
Jack has looked into shirts, but hasn't picked one yet.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com by July 6th!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
Due to our basket winning the large group basket category, we have a free table reservation for (both?) banquets for OWFI 2018! Hooray!
Adrean wants us to submit panels for OWFI 2018; Shannon wants to hold one on writing erotica, Adrean wants to hold one on critique groups. Another suggestion is, "Stealing with Style: The Difference Between Homage and Plagiarism," and we could always fall back on our Nontraditional Characters. If you have any ideas
CJ has volunteered to be in charge of table centerpieces for OWFI 2018. He's conscripted JayCee for her experience and Malea for her craftiness. If you have an idea for a centerpiece for a book from within the group, let him know!
Our basket and costume themes for OWFI 2018 are: superheroes!


2. JayCee:
a. Tulsa Pride - June 3rd
We will probably not attend Pride as vendors this year, but you should definitely still go!

b. Tulsa Flea Market - June 3rd
JayCee will look into tables for this. If it goes well, we can look into making it a regular event.

c. Decopolis Book Fest - June 17th
$40 for a table (for three or more people). JayCee will go ahead and book a table, and will look into this event for more information and will report back to the group as soon as possible.

d. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
JayCee is going to pick up two extra three-day tickets to go with the one we have with the table.

e. Tulsa Oddities Expo - July 15th
They are holding applications right now and possibly looking for space; our application is in, and we're waiting to hear it.

f. SoCon - Bixby - September 15th
We haven't heard back on our panel submission yet.


3. Jack: Non-profit Paperwork
It has not been completed yet, but nearly is. It shall be done by next week's meeting.

New Business:
1. JayCee:
a. Princess Bride in the Park - May 26th
Several group members have expressed an interest in the Philbrook's showing of the Princess Bride, but it would be at the same time as the meeting. The meeting is, however, still going to be on.

2. Shannon:
a. Murder Apocalypse 2: Electric Boogaloo
We have finally given away all our first editions of Murder Apocalypse (our teaser book that contains excerpts and first chapters of our various works). We are now looking into creating a second edition with new pieces and blurbs to better represent the current group. If you want to have a piece included, send it (and a blurb) to Shannon before June 2nd.

b. Enid Writers Club - June 10th
Jennifer McMurrain will be joining us to do a panel; we will be presented us with a list of prepared questions, but there will probably be more as it goes on. If you wish to speak on the panel, send Shannon an author bio by 5 pm on May 31st. We have been requested to bring books (if we have them). Shannon will keep us posted as more information becomes available to him.

Pieces for Discussion
8:09 Copper and Cobalt, Chapter 3 by JayCee
8:34 Release by Shannon
9:21 Welcome to the Masquerade by Z
9:55 Ace in the Hole by Gio

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:24 pm

Good to be back into the swing of these! Until next week, friends!
~CJ

Friday, April 28, 2017

Meeting Minutes - April 28th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Samantha, Anthony, Kaz

Called to order 7:03 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event and contract information.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Reminder to send any articles for the next newsletter to treasury@nvmedits.com.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
No new updates.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon and Adrean)
OWFI is next weekend! Finalize your costumes, bring basket goodies!
The Pitch Room has had its time lowered from 15 to 10 minutes this year, so this stuff is important: be able to talk confidently — CONFIDENT — and competently about your book; practice your elevator pitch; work on the snowball method; write things down, but be prepared to hate it and do without it. The agents are typically pretty cool people, and you might have a chance to meet them throughout the conference and built up a rapport before your pitch! AND DON'T PANIC.


2. JayCee:
a. Punk Rock Flea Market - Tulsa - April 30th
JayCee, Mac, and CJ will be attending, will be there at 8:30 am; Shannon will send his Square and chip reader, as well as a tablecloth and other stuff.

b. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
Still need to determine how many extra tickets we need; if you need to buy personal tickets, the price goes up on May 1st.

c. SoCon - Bixby - September 15th
We have submitted our panel application, but haven't heard back on it yet.

d. Contracts
JayCee has delivered rough draft contracts for IPHI. You can choose how long you want to sign on to IPHI representation, and it includes a contract termination clause as well.
First suggested change is to have it signed by publishers, instead of authors.


New Business:
1. Publicity Webinar
Shannon's graciously shared his notes from the OWFI Publicity Webinar that was hosted earlier this week! There was a lot of really good advice!

Pieces for Discussion
7:56 Copper and Cobalt, Chapter 2 by JayCee

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:40 pm

No meeting next week, friends; be well in the meantime!
~CJ

Friday, April 21, 2017

Meeting Minutes - April 21st, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Samantha, Anthony, Katy, Malea, Kaz

Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
Sam is planning on sending a message to Mari to ask when the next OWFI Report is.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event information.
We need to look into getting a banner, but will probably wait until after OWFI.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
Malea is going to check into whether or not Redbubble, Zazzle, or Society6 can be used by nonprofits for ordering products with their logos on them.
Mac suggests holding a walk-in typewriter event in which we supply typewriters, paper, and such to the public and allow them to write with them, similar to Pinot's Pallete. We may be able to use library space for it, but we would need our nonprofit status first.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The second newsletter is out! It's cool.
July's editor of the season is Jack; JayCee will write the article.
The next newsletter will be published July 20th; if you have an article idea to be submitted, send it to treasury@nvmedits.com.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
We have two issues with our YST Outreach events: our own attendance, and the basic knowledge of the participants. If you have ideas on how to correct either of these — consistently, not week to week — please let Adrean know.
Other potential events could be at the Equality Center (which could occur in the evening) or OYP.
If you have any other ideas or the ability and desire to aid in any Outreach programs, send Adrean a message about it/your availability.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
OWFI is in 2 weeks!
Shannon is currently in possession of the basket; if you have anything to contribute, please get it to him. As always, we will be ordering cookies from Antoinnette's Bakery for the basket as well.
Many people will be traveling in various vehicles on the way there; if you need to carpool, check around!
If you do not have your costume prepared before then, you will disappoint many people.


2. JayCee:
a. Punk Rock Flea Market - Tulsa - April 30th
12-5 at the American Legion Post 1. We are looking into donating books for the giveaway raffle bags.

b. SoonerCon - Midwest City - June 23rd-25th
The table only comes with one ticket; additional tickets are $35 and can be reused. We'll plan on discussing how many tickets total we'll need for each of us interested in attending and working.
If we haven't decided how many tickets we need before the event, JayCee has warned us.
If you're interested in buying your own ticket, for you or someone else, the non-vendor prices do go up after May 1st.

c. SoCon - Bixby - September 15th
We are going to move ahead with submitting a panel on nontraditional characters. If they need more panels, we may look into doing additional ones, potentially including a panel on gender.


3. All:
a. Author Percentages for Events
We have agreed to give JayCee 10% of all event sales as payment for services rendered.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
8:02 Copper and Cobalt, Chapter 1 by JayCee
8:37 Knife, Chapter 2.1 by Anthony

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:56 pm

Until next time, friends.
~CJ

Friday, April 14, 2017

Meeting Minutes - April 14th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), CJ (Secretary), Katy, Anthony, Mac, Samantha, JayCee, Kaz, Malea

Called to order 7:07 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event information.
The policy for room reservations at Central Library may be changing; more to come as we learn more. In the future, only reserve rooms up to a week in advance.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
Sam is going to research how much it would cost to make or order products with the Nevermore logo.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Newsletter is going well! It should be out on the 20th of April.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
April 19th should be the next YST Outreach event. At 3 pm; check the Trello card as time approaches, and speak with Adrean if you're going to attend.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
If you have items for the basket, please bring them to Shannon!


2. JayCee:
a. Imaginary Worlds - Norman - April 15th
This is tomorrow! Information should be on the Trello boards, and the event also has its own Facebook event page.

b. SoCon - Bixby - September 15th
June 2nd is the deadline for a panel submission for the con! We could always continue with the idea of a panel on nontraditional characters.

c. Punk Rock Flea Market - April 29th-30th
We may get a table here; uncertain if they still have tables open.

d. SoonerCon
No new updates.

3. Samantha:
a. Author Percentages for Events
Information on the subject was difficult to find, and if there's an industry standard for publishers donating a percentage of their sales to nonprofit writing groups, we haven't found it.
Mac has mentioned that it may make more sense to take a portion of our profits and use it as payment towards Iphi, for services rendered.
With Adrean not present, we have decided to table this discussion until another time. The event tomorrow will be held as past have, with publishers dividing up their profits as normal.

4. Shannon:
a. Non-Profit Status
Shannon and Jack have come together and agreed that the nonprofit status paperwork will be submitted not later than May 12th. The group has voted and accepted these terms.


New Business:
1. Shannon
a. Grants
Shannon has broached the idea of seeking grants for the myriad publishing companies amongst our group, as well as for the group itself. He will look into, compile whatever information he finds, and bring it to the group at a later date.
The library has a large section on nonprofits and such that may be useful for such a research.


Pieces for Discussion
7:48 Copper and Gold, Chapter 21 by JayCee
8:23 Knife, Chapter 1.3 by Anthony
8:41 How to Handle a Tragedy by Katy

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:28 pm

May your stories be as awesome as each of you.
~CJ

Friday, April 7, 2017

Meeting Minutes - April 7th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Samantha, JayCee, Katy, Kaz, Anthony

Called to order 7:12 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event information.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
Samantha hasn't received a full answer about having a nonprofit fundraiser at the library, but suggests we have a plan for what an event would entail before we move further.
Adrean has rekindled our group interest in All Hallows' Read.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The newsletter deadline has passed!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Before we officially begin in any outreach events, we need to be sure that people are planning to commit to them.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
We have successfully raised enough money for our OWFI Contest Sponsorship.
Reminder that the group costume theme is wizards.


2. JayCee:
a. Imaginary Worlds - Norman - April 15th
9:30-4:30; plan is for there to be two shifts of four hours each; first shift will be Adrean and Jack; Mac, Shannon for second shift; CJ will probably be somewhere inbetween

b. SoonerCon -  - June 23rd-25th
JayCee has paid for our place; it comes with one ticket, and we'll look into whether or not additional tickets can be purchased at discount.

c. SoCon - Bixby - September 15th
We have received a panel application form and are going to discuss applications.

3. Samantha:
a. Project Explanation
Samantha is taking submissions for a digital collection for one of her courses this semester; if you'd like to participate, check out the prompt and explanation here. Submissions should be personal, but will be anonymous.


New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:44 Copper and Gold, Chapter 20 by JayCee
8:35 Knife, Chapter 1.2 by Anthony
8:55 Thirteen Hearts to Start a Storm, Chapters 4-7 by Jack

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:13 pm

Until next time, friends.
~CJ

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 31st, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Mac, Z, JayCee, Katy, Anthony, Samantha, Kaz

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
We should try to have a banner (or an acceptable substitute) before SoonerCon.
See below for event information.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
We're looking into Nevermore Edits merchandise, including t-shirts and cups.
We're looking to reach out to the Equality Center and the library to see if we can host nonprofit donation events of some sort.
Shannon has suggested that could look into doing basket auctions (similar to Gamut's) to raise money as well.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
April 6th is the deadline to submit things! Send any articles or submissions to treasury@nvmedits.com

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach event is Wednesday, April 5th at 3 pm; there is a supply list on the Trello card, and there will be a lesson plan posted there tonight.
Another nonprofit that should be coming to the area soon is Still She Rises. It's composed of lawyers from New York that do pro bono work for incarcerated or recently released women helping them get legal assistance and important paperwork in order. It would be cool if we could reach out to them and see if we could help in any way.
Tulsa Women's and Children's Center is a drug treatment children that allows women to keep their children with them in treatment, and are unfortunately losing a large chunk of their budget. If we could reach out to them — either to host workshops to help people with writing advice, or sending books — it would be fantastic.
We could also look into something OYP.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
We still need roughly $90 for an OWFI category sponsorship, due by April 15th.
We have confirmed our table registration for the OWFI banquets.


2. JayCee:
a. Bixby
SoCon is at the South County Recreation Center on September 16th.; $30 for 8x8 table, $35 by 10x10 table; we will apply early for a 10x10 table.

b. SoonerCon
We're in! $110 registration fee is due April 29th and pays for two tickets, though we may be able to get more tickets at a discounted rate; the convention is June 23rd-25th in Midwest City.

c. Imaginary Worlds (Norman)
By next week we'll need to discuss who's attending and transportation.

New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:38 Of Iron And Gold, Chapters 1-4, Letters 1 & 2 by Z
8:48 Copper and Gold, Chapter 19 by JayCee
9:18 Thirteen Hearts to Start a Storm, Chapters 1-3 by Jack

Clean Up/Adjournment 10:29 pm

Until next week, my friends. Always remember: you are no one's fools.
~CJ

Friday, March 24, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 24th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Harvey, Anthony, Z, Mac, Kaz, Katy

(featuring special guest, Smudge!)

Called to order 7:04 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for future events.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
Shannon has an idea, but will wait until next week. No further updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
If anyone has things to submit to the next quarter's newsletter, they are due April 6th.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach event is April 5th at 3 pm. (Previous meeting notes asserted that it began on Wednesdays at 2 pm; it has been brought to my attention that was incorrect.)
The event on March 22nd went well, but if you wish to attend, be prepared to deal with some kids that can be standoffish.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
We currently have group rooms: Shannon, Adrean, CJ, and Jack have booked a room in the hotel the conference is in for Friday and Saturday; JayCee has booked a room at a Motel 6 a couple of minutes away from the hotel.


2. JayCee:
a. Love of Imaginary Worlds signing (April 15th)
This is still a thing in Oklahoma City. We owe JayCee for the registration, but will wait to see who can attend before we arrange payment and such.

b. Wonder City Word Fest
Poetry-based thing in Norman on April 15th.

c. SoonerCon
Shannon has emailed, but we still haven't heard back.

d. GlitchCon
It's in Springdale, AR on July 29th.


New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:20 Copper and Gold, Chapter 18.5 by JayCee
7:40 Anne Teaser Comic by Anthony
8:18 K.T. Teaser Comic by Anthony

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:40 pm

Winter has turned to spring at last. May stories blossom across your pages like dandelions.
~CJ

Friday, March 17, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 17th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Mac, Z, Anthony

Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee - Absent)
Committee chair is absent; no known updates.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Pieces need to be submitted before April 6th!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach event is March 22nd, at 2 pm; if you're attending, make sure to check in on the Trello board.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
We still have yet to sponsor a category for OWFI.
The OWFI Bookstore page is now up on the website; if you want to sell books at OWFI, you need to submit your books to them by April 3rd!
If you're going to OWFI, look into rooms (especially with other members)!
Basket Wars registration will likely be up very soon.

g. Contest Committee (Shannon)
We, unfortunately, will be killing the contest. Shannon and Jack will get on that (including refunding the authors' entrance fees and sending them their critiques).


New Business:
No new business.


Pieces for Discussion
7:16 Falling Leaf by Shannon

Clean Up/Adjournment 7:52 pm

And so we part ways, until next week.
~CJ

Friday, March 10, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 10th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), Jack (Treasurer), CJ (Secretary), Harvey, JayCee, Samantha, Katy, Anthony

Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
No updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
JayCee has paid for the author's show in Norman on April 15th.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No updates. Committee members may look into fundraising nights at local restaurants.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
No new updates; reminder that anything that you want submitted to the newsletter is due April 6th. CJ has been nominated to as editor of the season; Shannon will write the article.
If your submission has not been published anywhere else, publication in the newsletter counts as first printing rights, so be careful!

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach program is Wednesday, March 22nd, at 2 pm; if you can attend, let Adrean know. It will be posted on the Trello board.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
OWFI has half of its 34 categories sponsored, and there is no known cut-off date for the sponsorship; to be credited during the banquet, we should get it in by April 15th. A full sponsorship is $105, but they'll accept partial sponsorships of almost any amount.

g. Contest Committee (Shannon)
If we do not have enough entries for the contest to make by March 16th, we will have to kill the writing contest for this year, and refund the entrants' money (and send them critiques for their pieces).

2. JayCee: Upcoming Events and Book Needs
a. Collector Con
We are giving JayCee books for Collector Con tomorrow; the books will be sold at convention prices.

b. Sooner Con
We made contact with representatives from Sooner Con at Underground Monster Carnival, and have received two emails to contact them further with regards to our presence at Sooner Con.

3. Shannon: Budget (Quick update)
We will now have a box at each meeting to collect donations for the Nevermore budget.
Jack went over the budget proposition for 2017, including fundraising goals and expected expenses.
Adrean suggests that, moving forward, we donate a fair market value of our profits from events to Nevermore; we need to figure out what that value would be before April 15th. Samantha has agreed to research this for us.


New Business:
1. Shannon: Storytime
Shannon has revealed the origins of the agenda; no one has objections over its existence.


Pieces for Discussion
7:50 Shifters by Shannon

8:52 Knife, Chapter 1.1 by Anthony

9:30 Copper and Gold, Chapter 18 by JayCee

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:56 pm

Until next we meet.
~CJ

Friday, March 3, 2017

Meeting Minutes - March 3rd, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Harvey, Z, Samantha, Kaz, Anthony

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Commitee Reports
a. Communications Committee (Samantha)
Nevermore Edits was successfully added to the OWFI Newsletter Report.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
Prices from banners via Skyline (via JayCee): Static banner for $202 (including stand); interchangeable art banner is $400 before tax and shipping (including stand); price is comparable to ordering online.
Malea is still working on the banner graphics.
Adrean has suggested we can attempt to build our own banner/stand; Shannon has looked into cheaper alternatives at Vistaprint; Z has offered to make a banner.

c. Fundraising Committee (Jack, Samantha)
No updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
Any pieces submitted for the newsletter need to be submitted before April 6th; the next newsletter will be out April 20th.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
The next YST Outreach Program is on March 7th; check Trello for details.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
Group costume theme for the Friday night banquet appears to be wizards (to match the theme of our basket).
Nevermore's sponsorship for the gift bag has been accepted. We still need to fundraise for a contest sponsorship; we are uncertain if there's a deadline on this or how many are needed.
We are looking into collecting donations for OWFI 2018, to be used for conference scholarships and award sponsorships.

g. Contest Committee (Shannon)
The contest ends on the 15th. We need to advertise it before it ends, and the judges need to be certain they're caught up on the submissions.

2. JayCee: Upcoming Events and Book Needs
a. Collector Con
Collector Con is next weekend! Bring books to Mammoth so they can be put on the table.

b. Sooner Con
We still have heard nothing back from their registration; we will attempt to find some representative of theirs at UMC.

3. Z: Lord Mistress of the Basket — Status of the basket items
We have 4 items thus far (not counting the actual basket). The theme, once again, is magic. Bring Z stuff for it!


New Business:
1. Harvey: Pride Bingo
The Equality Center hosts a Pride Bingo night once a month that helps support it and is apparently a lot of fun. The cost for a table (8 seats) is ~$200. Harvey will report information on it to the Outreach Committee.

2. Adrean: Underground Monster Carnival
It's tomorrow in OKC! Setup has to be done by 12:30, and the convention proper goes from 1 to 9. Check the Trello board for more details! It's a ton of fun, etc.


Pieces for Discussion
7:51 Copper and Gold, Chapter 17 by JayCee

8:21 Knife Prelude Concept by Anthony

8:50 In a Pitch Black Room by Adrean

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:18 pm

Until next time!
~CJ

Friday, February 24, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 24th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Harvey, Katy, Kaz, Lyz, Tony, Mac

Called to order 6:59 pm

Introductions were made for Tony.

Old Business:

The April 15th signing in Norman still needs to be decided. Cost is $60 for an 8' space, $70 for a 10' space. Seems like a thing we'll do; there isn't a hard cap on the number of people to attend, which helps. We are currently planning to attend it as a Nevermore event.

Books need to be given to JayCee before Collector Con (March 11th-12th) so they can be featured on the Mammoth Comics table.

Ordering books before Underground Monster Carnival (and other events) needs to happen.

According to our Treasurer, we should now be able to do a sponsorship for the OWFI bags.

Adrean has revisited the desire to create an OWFI Committee for the purpose of interacting with OWFI, so we can be sure that we use our opportunities to help via sponsorships, scholarships, etc.; that happened, and Shannon has agreed to chair it.

Bring stuff for the OWFI Basket; the Lord Mistress is feeling neglected!


New Business

Shannon and JayCee should be attending the OWFI meeting this Sunday as Nevermore delegates.

Jack needs an additional person to attend the YST Outreach event on March 7th. We may potentially shift the event to move to Wednesday every two weeks, to better suit our members' schedules and ensure better attendance on our parts.


7:27 Falling Leaf, Part 1 by Shannon

8:12 Welcome to the Masquerade by Lyz

9:25 Clean Up/Adjournment

Be strong, my friends, 'til next we meet.
~CJ

Friday, February 17, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 17th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), CJ (Secretary), Harvey, JayCee, Samantha, Katy, Malea, Mac, Lyz, Kaz

Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:

We need books from Murder for the Book Place (everything except for Broken Worlds), and are considering putting books in the Phoenix (though you should know that they can't guarantee the book's absolute safety there).

JayCee has secured us a spot to put our books in Collector Con (March 11th) at the Mammoth Comics table.

Potentially large book signing with local authors and musicians in Norman on Easter weekend (specifically at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds Auditorium Room). Payment deadline is March 24th, so we should decide before then.

We still have not heard back on Sooner Con!

Our Lord Mistress of the Basket, Lyz, has updated the Trello board with information about the basket. Check it out! And bring stuff. Seriously.


New Business:

Malea has an idea for an anthology: lost things. (Pretty cool, IMO.)

Brief discussion about Murder Apocalypse. We have 24 copies of the first version. A new volume could more adequately reflect the newer members of the group. Current plan is to do nothing.


7:15 Heat from the Pavement by Katy

7:42 Copper and Gold, Chapter 16 by JayCee

8:19 Collected Poems by Malea

8:37 Under Lock and Key by Samantha

8:48 To a Key by Samantha

8:58 Clean Up/Adjournment

Live well, friends.
~CJ

Friday, February 10, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 10th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Harvey, JayCee, Malea, Lyz

Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:

JayCee has donated half of the cost of folding tables to be used for meetings at Mammoth and future events. Because she's awesome.

We won't have our own table at Collector Con on March 11th, but we should be able to have our books at the Mammoth Comics table.

We are still awaiting confirmation on whether or not we have a Sooner Con table. Could be a week or more before we know for certain.

Shannon suggests that the easiest way to look into acquiring a banner would be to meet with his contact in person.

Adrean has inquired as to whether or not it would be possible to move the YST Outreach program to a later time or another day. The first session seemed to be successful. More organization would be a good idea, and we should look into advertising around YST to increase participation.

Nevermore Edits is still planning to get our logo on the OWFI bags for the next conference, but we need $50; if you or anyone you know is into donating for a good cause, consider us!

If you haven't received a Trello invite, or would prefer it to be connected to a different email, let Adrean (or me) know! Feel free to play around and learn how it works; this won't help us be any more organized if we don't use it!

The Lord Mistress of the Basket, Lyz, wishes to remind us to kindly bring things for it.

Jack has updated us on the status of the 1023, in that it is still something to be done. Because tax forms are the worst.


7:24 Like You by Lyz

7:40 Dark Alley Decisions by Lyz

8:16 Til Death by Shannon

8:43 Clean Up/Adjournment

Rest well and dream deep, friends. Until next time.
~CJ

Friday, February 3, 2017

Meeting Minutes - February 3rd, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Sam, JayCee, Katy, Malea, Kaz

Called to order 7:00 pm


Old Business:

Outreach Committee:
- First class is going to be at YST on Feb 7th at 3 pm. We already have our preferred minimum of two people attending, but more would always be welcome! Current lesson plan is to do a semi-cooperative exercise, with a plan to lead into teaching about writing autobiographical stories and grammar and mechanics as the program continues.
- Consider giving certain kids responsibilities if they return to multiple classes. Also consider prizes for continued attendance —writing kits or supplies?
- Discussion moved to extending this single program to other groups; current plan is to refine our program at YST and use our experiences there to apply it to new environments.
- Jack would also like to send books to the residents of Kingfisher County Jail over the month of February as part of our outreach. He's going to check if any genres or subject matters are off limits and then report back to us, and wants us to extend the offer to any author, publisher, or organization we're a part of.

JayCee has questions about conventions: Collector Con on March 11th (in Tulsa — hard maybe); SoonerCon on June 23rd-25th (in Midwest City — we are interested, and will go through the application process for both a table and a panel).

JayCee is still working hard on getting our books sold in places which is cool, to mixed results (and no fault of her own).


New Business:

Dark Arts Committee established and led by JayCee. Responsibilities of the committee is to research and report on the acquisition of banners and other material to look professional when we attend conventions. Malea will bring us a preliminary design.

Shannon would like to create a Fundraising Committee, because that is absolutely a thing that we need to do. The committee is under the purview of Jack and Sam as co-chairs.

Adrean would like to create a Communications Committee; Sam will chair it. It would be responsible for collecting information (including recent publications, fundraising opportunities, convention attendance, and committee reports) from the other committees and post them onto the Nevermore Edits website, as well as communicate with OWFI when they require Affiliate News.

Adrean clears up information about the pitch room setting of OWFI for those who haven't attended the conference in the past. And just information about OWFI in general.


9:02 Clean Up/Adjournment

Until next time, my friends.

~CJ

Friday, January 27, 2017

Meeting Minutes - January 27th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean, (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Sam, JayCee, Harvey, Malea, Lyz, Katy

Called to order 7:00 pm


Old Business:

OWFI Writing Contest ends on Wed, Feb 1, at 11:59 pm, despite what other sources may say.


New Business:

Shawn has offered to go halfsies with us for dedicated folding tables, somewhere around $20 each on our end. We would likely store them at Mammoth and use them for meetings, and could additionally use them for events in the area if necessary.

Mac questions the stock of our Murder Apocalypse sample books. We think we're good for now, but a second printing is always an option.


7:12 On Display by Malea

7:33 The Once and Future Orson Welles, Chapter 1 by Mac

7:53 For Fear by Jack

8:04 When You Eat from the Tree by Harvey

8:45 Clean Up/Adjournment

Be brave; do the thing.

~CJ

Meeting Minutes - January 20th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Sam, JayCee, Harvey, Kaz, Lyz, Katy

Called to order 7:04 pm


Old Business:

Lord Mistress of the Basket Lyz wants to remind people of the basket again. Theme is majykk. We need to get stuff for it by April 28th! Get on it (or procastinate for a few more months).

Expanded Horizons Project updates, etc.


New Business:

Jack met with the Director of Outreach at YST about the writing class we wish to teach; options are Tuesday, Jan. 31st, or Tuesday, Feb. 7th, anywhere from 1-3 pm. Could potentially also change the day we do it, but will stick with Tuesdays for now, aiming to start on the 7th at 3 pm. If you have any suggestions as to a "lesson plan" or wish to help provide supplies, it would be appreciated.

Discussion about listing the Nevermore committees on the website to ensure people are aware of the various committees, their members, their purposes, and progress.


7:24 Copper and Gold, Chapter 15 by JayCee

7:58 Clean Up/Adjournment

Until Friday, my friends. Take this week one step and one day at a time.

~CJ

Meeting Minutes - January 13th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (Pres), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Sam, JayCee, Mac, Kaz, Malea, Katy, Lyz

Called to order 7:00 pm


Old Business:

Con update: Dallas, no; St. Louis, possibly; Sooner Con, Book Fest, Wizard World OKC, etc. etc.

Lord Mistress of the Basket Lyz wants to remind everybody to get stuff for the OWFI basket. The theme this year is majykk.

The Corvidae Courier exists! The next issue will be prepared with extras for OWFI; if you want to submit an article or a piece to be printed in it, do it! Get in contact with Jack (I think).

Expanded Horizons Project! I guess we're bringing hard copies of stuff to each meeting to incentivize lending.

Jack is meeting with the director of YST 1/18/17 at 9 am to discuss our outreach with them!

Due to our unprecedented success there, JayCee suggests changing how authors are paid for having their books in 1907 (the store, not the year). Our cup runneth over!


New Business:

Gamut is doing a monthly mystery box of books! We're coming together to bid on it to obtain our own Nevermore Library. Quaint and curious volumes of forgotten lore.


7:31 Losing It by Sam

8:37 Copper and Gold, Chapters 1 & 2 by JayCee

9:22 TPK by Adrean

10:02 Clean Up/Adjournment

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

~CJ

Meeting Minutes - January 6th, 2017

MEETING LOCATION: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (Pres), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), Sam, JayCee, Harvey, Mac, Lora, Katy, Kaz, Lyz, John

Called to order 7:00 pm


Old Business:

Reminder that this is the last day to submit a thing to the Nevermore newsletter.

Further discussion on the contents of the Nevermore newsletter.

Jack asks for donations for OWFI Sponsorships on behalf of Nevermore.

It seems like we'll be unable to attend the Jan 21st Pryor con as a vendor. Collector Con is March 11th in Tulsa. Final decision for St. Louis and Dallas cons needs to be by the meeting on Jan 13th.


New Business:

Jack has created a form on the website to allow people to enjoy the mailing list manually.

Sam brought pamphlets about the 2017 Tulsa City County Library Creative Writing Contest.


7:16 The Once and Future Orson Welles, Prologue by Mac

7:47 The Great Stone Head by Shannon

8:12 Copper and Gold, Chapter 14 by JayCee

8:36 Five Nights at Freddy's Untitled Story by Jack

9:31 Clean Up/Adjournment

Until next time, folks.

~CJ