Friday, September 22, 2017

Meeting Minutes - September 22nd

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Eris, Donna, Z, Kaz, Malea, Katy
Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
Information for the next OWFI Report is due October 1st; if you have anything you wish to submit for the affiliate news, send it to me or post it on the OWFI website under the affiliate news section for Nevermore Edits.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
Tomorrow, LibCon is at Hardesty Library from 11 am to 4 pm. Each of our publishers have our own tables there. JayCee has sent everyone seating arrangements. We also have a panel from 12 to 12:45 on independent publishing that will feature Shannon, Donna, and Mac.
If you need more details, all of these events are on Trello!
Tulsa POP is October 14th and 15th; we've already paid.
We haven't heard back on the Holiday Punk Rock Flea Market on December 3rd, but are hopeful.
We have scheduled Saturday, November 25th and Saturday, December 16th, to sell and sign books at Gardner's. We haven't given them a list of authors who will for sure be there yet, so consider it. We may be able to get December 23rd at Decopolis, and are still going to speak to 1907.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy)
If you have any fundraising ideas, you can send it to Z and/or Katy.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Our first supply gathering for our adopted classroom has gone well! We have extra Kleenex, paper, and packaged almonds for the next one. Our first basket is prepared and ready for delivery!
College ruled paper, dry erase markers, tissues, pencils, are all on the regular supply list. We've also been told that our adopted teacher enjoys popcorn, nuts, and kettle cooked chips.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery on October 12th. The topic is, "Sounding the Gong: How to Craft an Ending That Reverbrates." Attendance will cost $14, payable through the website. Proceeds for this will go to the conference; the transcript will be sent to attendees after the event, and available to all members in January.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! The dues have increased by $5.
Contest start date is the same as last year: it opens January 1st and closes February 1st. The categories have changed, but they've been updated on the website.


New Business:
1. Officer Term Limits and Stuff (Adrean & Shannon)
It has been suggested to apply officer term limits and documentation as things we adopt as a group. We have amended the by-laws to limit each officer to two terms per position.


Pieces for Discussion
7:53 Queen's Rogues, Issue Two by Eris
8:47 RPG Video Game Outline by Kaz

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:44 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, September 15, 2017

Meeting Minutes - September 15th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Eris, Katy, Kaz
Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
Information for the next OWFI Report is due October 1st; if you have anything you wish to submit for the affiliate news, send it to me.
The affiliate news section is changing, starting with the next issue. Instead of a large section detailing every affiliate group, it will instead highlight one affiliate and one member-at-large. The rest of the affiliate news will be available on the website.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
Tomorrow, September 16th, we have both SoCon in Bixby from 9 am to 5 pm and Pride in Enid from 12 pm to 6 pm. Shannon and CJ will be there. At SoCon, we have our Nontraditional Characters panel at 3:30 pm; anyone who wants to be on the panel should be there before 3. Selby will be there in the morning, Adrean will head that way after work at 1, Mac will be there all day. JayCee will cover the table during the panel.
On September 23rd, LibCon is at Hardesty Library. Each of our publishers have our own tables there.
If you need more details, all of these events are on Trello!
We have scheduled Saturday, November 25th and Saturday, December 16th, to sell and sign books at Gardner's. We haven't given them a list of authors who will for sure be there yet, so consider it. We may be able to get December 23rd at Decopolis, and are still going to speak to 1907.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z - in absentia, Katy)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Adrean wants to get a Halloween basket made for our adopted classroom. As a reminder, we have been told she needs: notebook paper (preferably college ruled), pencils, whiteboard markers, and boxes of tissues are always appreciated. We are uncertain about the ability to drop off these supplies ourselves, but can use Katy as a go-between. We would like to have everything gathered by October 6th.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery on October 12th. The topic is, "Sounding the Gong: How to Craft an Ending That Reverbrates." Attendance will cost $14, payable through the website. Proceeds for this will go to the conference; the transcript will be sent to attendees after the event, and available to all members in January.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large!
Contest start date is the same as last year: it opens January 1st and closes February 1st.
If you're interested in volunteering to help at the registration table at next year's conference, let CJ know!
Here is a link to Shannon's notes from the OWFI meeting last weekend.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:52 Codename: Python, Ch. 11-12 by Gio

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:20 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, September 8, 2017

Meeting Minutes - September 8th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Mac, Eris, Katy, Donna, Z
Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
Tomorrow, September 9th, is Lexicon at the Stillwater Library from 10 to 3. We need to be set up by 9:45; Mac, Z, Jack, and Shannon will be attending. We have two tables, which are provided for us.
Next weekend, on September 16th, we have both SoCon in Bixby and Pride in Enid. At SoCon, we have our Nontraditional Characters panel.
On September 23rd, LibCon is at Hardesty Library. Each of our publishers have our own tables there.
If you need more details, all of these events are on Trello!
We are currently in discussions with Gardner's and 1907 to do book signings around the holiday season.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy)
No new updates.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Adrean has made contact with our adopted teacher! So far she seems to have a lot of what she needs, but has said that notebook paper (preferably college ruled), pencils, whiteboard markers, and boxes of tissues are always appreciated. We are uncertain about the ability to drop off these supplies ourselves, but can use Katy as a go-between.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be this Sunday at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery on October 12th. The topic is, "Sounding the Gong: How to Craft an Ending That Reverbrates." Attendance will cost $14, payable through the website.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.
If you're interested in volunteering to help at the registration table at next year's conference, let CJ know!


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:14 Codename: Python, Ch. 9-10 by Gio

Clean Up/Adjournment 7:34 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, September 1, 2017

Meeting Minutes - September 1st

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Donna, Mac, Z, Eris
Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
JayCee has completed our backdrop for conventions, and is awaiting the rest of the high-res images of our book covers.
Next Saturday, September 9th, is Lexicon in Stillwater from 10 to 3. Mac, Z, and Shannon should be available to attend.
On September 16th, we have both SoCon in Bixby and Pride in Enid. At SoCon, we have our Nontraditional Characters panel as well.
On September 23rd, LibCon is at Hardesty Library. Each of our publishers have our own tables there.
If you need more details, all of these events are on Trello!

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy - in absentia)
Tex has graciously sent out her files from her Tornado Alley Tour, including for the other events out of town. If you haven't received them or didn't know they were available, contact me and I'll be sure to share it with you.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
Adrean has made contact with our adopted teacher! So far she seems to have a lot of what she needs, but has said that paper, pencils, EXPO markers and Kleenex are always appreciated.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be September 10th at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery on October 12th. The topic is, "Sounding the Gong: How to Craft an Ending That Reverbrates." Attendance will cost $14, payable through the website.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:21 Shadow of the Dragon, Ch. 9-10 by Donna
8:23 The Once and Future Orson Welles, Ch. 4 by Mac
9:01 Codename: Python, Ch. 8 by Gio

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:40 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, August 25, 2017

Meeting Minutes - August 25th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Eris, Kaz, Donna, Mac, Z
Called to order 7:00 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
No new updates; everything is holding steady.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy - in absentia)
Last night was our fundraising event with Tex, which went off without a hitch. If you missed it, check with other attendants for notes.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean - in absentia)
We still haven't received word back about adopting a classroom at Webster, but are looking into further contact.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be September 10th at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery on October 12th. The topic is, "Sounding the Gong: How to Craft an Ending That Reverbrates." Attendance will cost $14, payable through the website.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:11 Memories Under Water, Ch. 1 by Z
7:48 Codename: Python, Ch. 5-7 by Gio
8:12 Shadow of the Dragon, Ch. 6-8 by Donna
8:49 Queen's Rogues, Issue 1 by Eris

Clean Up/Adjournment 9:42 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, August 18, 2017

Meeting Minutes - August 18th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Eris, Mac, Kaz, Donna, Katy, Z
Called to order 7:01 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
No new updates.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
All of the upcoming events have been paid for and have information available on Trello.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z - in absentia, Katy)
Everything is proceeding as planned for the August 24th event; if you could please help us promote it, it would be appreciated.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
We still haven't received word back about adopting a classroom at Webster, but are looking into further contact.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be September 10th at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery in October, topic to be announced.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.
Adrean has received confirmation that she will be doing two session at OWFI: one on horror, one on fanfiction. Jack will be holding sessions on how to create a website for beginners, and psychopathology in fiction.


New Business:
Donna was added to the Nevermore Board as a member ex-officio.


Pieces for Discussion
7:19 Shadow of the Dragon, Ch. 4-5 by Donna

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:12 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ

Friday, August 11, 2017

Meeting Minutes - August 11th

Meeting Location: Mammoth Comics

Attending: Shannon (President), Adrean (V.P.), CJ (Secretary), Jack (Treasurer), JayCee, Eris, Mac, Kaz
Called to order 6:59 pm

Old Business:
1. Committee Reports
a. Communications Committee (CJ)
CJ will begin advertising for the August 24th event on the OWFI and OWFI Famous Authors pages. He has not yet, but he definitely will.

b. Dark Arts Committee (JayCee)
See below for event details.

c. Fundraising Committee (Z, Katy - in absentia)
Everything is proceeding as planned for the August 24th event; if you could please help us promote it, it would be appreciated.

d. Newsletter Committee (Shannon)
The next deadline is October 6th; look ahead to that, and send articles to treasury@nvmedits.com. The Editor of the Season is JayCee; Donna will write the article.

e. Outreach Committee (Adrean)
We still haven't received word back about adopting a classroom at Webster, but are looking into further contact.

f. OWFI Committee (Shannon)
The next OWFI board meeting will be September 10th at 1 pm.
The next Slack chat will be with Ben Montgomery in October, topic to be announced.
Reminder that OWFI 2018's theme for our costumes and baskets is superheroes! If you get supplies for the basket, be sure to bring them to Lord Mistress of the Baskets, Z!
Another reminder that OWFI collects its dues in October, and it's cheaper to join as an affiliate than a member-at-large! We'll start collecting registration as a group in September.


2. JayCee - Event Details:
a. Tulsa Flea Market - August 12th (8 am to 4 pm)
JayCee and Mac will open, Shannon will show up around 10:30, and Jack will show up around 12:30.


New Business:
None.


Pieces for Discussion
7:09 The Once and Future Orson Welles, Ch. 3 by Mac
7:43 Lots of Luck by Shannon
8:16 Copper and Cobalt, Ch. 4 by JayCee

Clean Up/Adjournment 8:43 pm

Until next time, friends. Be safe!
~CJ